Friday, March 8, 2013

Thrifted Treasures


I love to pop some tags.  I’ve quite often only got 20 dollars in my pocket and I’m always looking for a come up. 
I find some of my best things at thrift stores, flea markets and garage sales.  Most of them I keep for myself because I couldn’t bear to part with them.  Others end up in the vintage section of my Etsy shop.  I hate to keep them all to myself though so I thought I’d take the opportunity of sharing some of my thrifted treasures with you. 
Today I’m showing off my chalkware owl.  This gem was purchased in the former chicken shed of some stranger’s acreage, for I think around $6. I could tell you the back story behind that but I think it’s much more intriguing if I let you come up with an explanation your own.


I adore chalkware. I’m not sure why. Probably because the things that are made out of it are usually incredibly bizarre or incredibly cute. They were often painted with some fabulous colors too.  

I haven’t been able to find a pad of paper that fits exactly but I found one that was close enough and there’s even a little hole to hold a pencil.I wanted him on the fridge, and while I had some well founded concerns of it falling off, I’ve glued enough super powerful magnets on the back of this baby that it’s magnetism may actually be affecting compasses within a 5 mile radius of the house.

No comments: