Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas

I know I’m a little late to wish you a Merry Christmas, since it’s already over. But consider it retro-active. I was so busy preparing for Christmas that I had no time to post. I hope it was Merry and bright for you though.

I spent the weeks before Christmas making festive sugar cookies,

AND clothespins. Yes, my family and friends were so impressed with my paper embellished clothespins, and I’d done such a good job convincing them that they were the perfect last minute gift for friends and co-workers that my mother placed an order for 60 sets. At 5 pins per set, let’s do the math – that’s 300! I think she gave a set to every person in her entire workplace.

It was quite an order to fill but I had 2 great friends to help me, (thanks again Shawna and Angie) and we whipped them out in a couple days. The search for a local craft store with an inventory of 300 magnets however, took another 2 days and I was sweating bullets big and bad.

The best thing though is that there are now 300 clothespins floating around out there with my etsy site address on the back of them and I’ll take all the marketing I can get. I’ve also managed to post some on Etsy for sale.

We’re headed out of state to continue holiday celebrations with more family over New Year’s but I’ll be back soon and hopefully posting some more stuff for your enjoyment. I’ve got a great project planned for Valentine’s Day that I can’t wait to get started on.

1 comment:

DairyQueen said...

Those are so fun! They would make great party favors, gifts, or just a fun rainy day craft! I'm filing this one away for sure!